Moringa Mushroom RisottoNothing beats the hearty goodness of a mushroom risotto. This wholesome dish is made even more nutritious with the addition of moringa. Perfect for a cold night in.
Moringa Mushroom Risotto
Something nice for the cold winter nights
- 1 1/2 cups brown ricee
- 6 leaves sage
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium baby marrow
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 head broccoli
- 6 cups your choice of stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- Chop onion, sage, garlic and vegetables.
- Heat up the broth in a small pan. In a large saucepan, add the onion, sage and garlic and as they start browning, add the rice and let it toast for a couple of minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Toss in the veggies, mix well and start pouring the broth over the rice little by little until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. It will take about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Make sure you keep the fire on low and keep an eye on your risotto, stirring occasionally and every time you add more liquid.
- When the rice has absorbed all the broth, add in salt, turmeric, moringa powder and coconut milk and mix until perfectly creamy and “al dente”.
- Enjoy your mushroom brown rice risotto and, if you want, shave a few slices of raw mushroom on top.