Moringa Initiative is a proud, family-owned business. Our Moringa is organically grown and lovingly processed on our family farm in Zambia! We have two branches, one in Lusaka and one in Durban, South Africa. When we first planted our Moringa oleifera crop in 2013, our initial vision was to sell our homegrown moringa products to small independent retailers in Zambia, but eventually our vision grew as we did (quite literally – our entire family now works for the business, our farm has doubled in size and our moringa is grown more organically and to higher standards than ever before). This growth, that we are always grateful for, all started when we tentatively presented our products to some of the largest retail chains in Zambia and South Africa, who were ever so supportive of our local business and provided us the platform and opportunity to work together in making one of the nutritious superfoods available to ALL. Our products are now in over 500 stores across both countries and we supply bulk Moringa to both local and international markets. Our vision is to be recognised as Africa’s leading supplier of organic Moringa, providing a sustainable social and environmental impact to the communities of Africa.
Our guiding principles:
• Quality: Moringa Initiative is one of the most recognised moringa suppliers in Africa. Dedicated to supplying nothing but the highest quality moringa.
• Trust: We are ZABS Approved, Halaal Certified & Proudly Zambian Certified, FDA Registered and Certified Organic in Conversion by Ecocert.
• Source: We ARE the source – we farm, process & package our products. We really are a ‘Farm to Shelf’ business.
• Impact: When you support us, you are supporting a family run business who employs over 150 farmers – of which 90% are female.
• Values: We are committed to transparency, quality, nutritional education, sustainability, social upliftment, and environmental impact.
• Community: We have been supporting many NPO’s, homes, & rehab centres for many years and are always looking for more ways to give back to our community!
Below are our accreditations, affiliations & awards:
• ZABS Approved
• Halaal Certified
• FDA registered
• Proudly Zambian
• Ecocert – ‘Organic in conversion’ certified
• TIKZN (Trade & Investments KZN)
• Africa Moringa Hub
• MDASA (Moringa Development Association of SA)
• Organic & Natural portal
• The Zambia Association of Manufacturers (ZAM) in partnership with the USAID Trade Hub awarded Moringa Initiative ‘Best Emerging Exporter’ at the inaugural Zambia Exporter Awards Ceremony in 2021.
• Zambian Bureau of Standards (ZABS) awarded Moringa Initiative Company of Year for small to medium enterprises at the Zambian Annual Quality Awards in 2019.
• Our co-founder Bernice Kilburn won Zambian Female Agribusiness Entrepreneur at the ZAQA Awards in 2019.
• Our Moringa Tea came 2nd place in the Product of the Year SME category at the ZAQA Awards in 2019.
What an incredibly challenging yet rewarding journey it has been thus far! We can’t wait to see what the year 2022 brings us.
One thing is guaranteed – with us, you are dealing with a fully transparent, ethical source of top quality, nutritious Moringa. From our farm, directly to you – our valued customer. We appreciate every like, comment and bit of love and support you share with us – it encourages ALL of us – our managers, our farmers, our packaging and manufacturing teams, our admin staff, our sales team, our delivery teams, our FAMILY! So, thank you! What else would you like to know about our business?